Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Walking good for business

The Pedestrian Path: Life from a pedestrian's perspective: "I had suspected, based on my own behaviors,  that creating a friendlier environment to attract pedestrians, cyclists, and transit-users could be beneficial to the surrounding area in ways you usually don’t think about (normally just safety and appearances).

When I’m walking downtown, where walkability is at its peak in Kansas City, I often stop by the grocery store or maybe a coffee shop (my new, favorite detour goes by a local shoe store). And it makes sense. Stopping on a pedestrian journey is considerably easier when on foot/bike as opposed to in a car, where you have to pull over and find a parking space. Driving is about getting from A to B, while walking’s slowness forces you to enjoy and take advantage of the surroundings."

click title to read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment