Monday, November 16, 2015

Trolleys and circulators show the power of fare-free transit

Miami Herald: "“The trolleys are simply wonderful,” said Amalia Sandoval, a Venezuelan who lives in Coral Gables and rides the trolley virtually every day.

She was interviewed as she got off the Coral Gables trolley at a Publix supermarket near Ponce de León and Flagler Street.

“I come to the supermarket,” she said. “I take my granddaughter to school. Then I go home. The service is on time and the drivers are very polite. I have a car but I’d rather take the trolley because my granddaughter just loves it.”

Other riders simply like the fact that most trolley services are free.

“It gives people who don’t have fare for the bus a way to travel, because it’s free,” said Geney Perez."

No comments:

Post a Comment